Saturday, May 8, 2010

Well, that week was a bust

I had the best of intentions this week, I really did.  I was going to do more agent research, settle on a couple “top choices,” and send out at least one query. If I was feeling really productive, I was even going to dust off one of my other completed novels and start polishing it up.

Instead, I had a minor personal crisis come up that took away all my focus, and I never quite got back to my plans before the week was up.  My vision disorder (I have cone dystrophy, which means my vision cannot be brought all the way to 20/20 with a prescription. Instead, it’s about 20/60 with glasses/contacts) caused me to fail the eye test when I went to renew my driver’s license, and I had to make an emergency visit to the eye doctor.  Thankfully, I was still within the parameters of Florida law, and didn’t lose my license. Cue the HUGE sigh of relief. I love to drive.  I love my car (a 2010 Kia Forte SX). I did not want to lose either the car or the right to drive it.  So naturally, the fear of such a thing happening shook me up for a few days.  By Thursday I had my new license in hand and could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

In the midst of that drama, my cats have been having some flea trouble, which for some reason made one of them (Ana Lucia. who I’m coming to suspect is allergic to flea bites) decide she had to share my pillow every night.  I’d already treated her for the fleas by then, so she didn’t actually have them on her anymore (I wouldn’t have let her sleep next to my head otherwise), but she was still scratching and licking, which kept me up most nights. No sleep + driver’s license worries = no desire to work.  Friday, once all the license stuff was over, we set off bug bombs in the house.  Last time the flea thing happened, bombing seemed to solve it, so fingers are crossed.

Next week, if nothing else decides to implode, I will once again tackle the query plans. 

This won’t be a regular thing, but since I mentioned her, here’s a picture of Ana. And yes, she is named after the LOST character.  She and her sister, Kate, were already named when we adopted them from a local vet’s office.  As it so happens, that’s my favorite TV show, so I figured it was fate.  Neither was my favorite of the show’s female characters, but the names fit their personalities, so I didn’t bother changing them.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment